Monday, June 14, 2010

October was a long time ago

I survived the year of accelerated nursing school. It was tough, but not life consuming. I am happy to be on the other side of that, though now have minor concerns about getting a job.
Jovan and I have decided we are moving to Wilmington, NC.
Smaller town on the southern shore in North Carolina. If any of you were fans of Dawson's Creek back in the day then you have seen it :) Why Wilmington? Well as per our usual excuse, no reason. Thanks to my friend Linda who lives there and has been enticing us with photos and talks of fun times. It is very appealing because it is near the beach, warmer weather, and we are ready for a smaller town after hoping around all these big cities. I have been looking at houses for rent in the area and we can have a two or three bedroom house for around what we've been paying here. This is amazing because we probably have one of the cheapest apartments in Philadelphia!
So I'm applying for jobs at a hospital in the area. I just assume that though they are currently rejecting me that they will take me eventually. If not I will just have to take a less appealing job (like working in a nursing home) until I have some experience under my belt.
We will be moving at the end of August. Right now I am very grateful for the opportunity to kick back and enjoy my final summer in Philadelphia. Summer plans include yoga, running, beach trips and some occasional studying for the NCLEX.

1 comment:

Indigo Children said...

yay! I can't wait to see Wilmington. I love the new look of the blog.

Exciting adventures are in store for you :)

I love researching a new city.