Jovan is finally learning about the importance of birthdays in my family. My mom always blew them up into big events and made us all feel very special. Jovan is fine with just ignoring his birthday all together. So over the last few years I've had to "train" him on how to get excited for my birthday. When I got home from school that day he had a chocolate cake waiting for me on the kitchen table! This year he planned a dinner at a traditional Moroccan restaurant called Marrakesh. They serve a 7 course traditional meal. We weren't sure when we first arrived if we were at the front door or the back. There were no people coming or going from the front door, and right down the street there were a lot of people standing outside another restuarant laughing and enjoying themselves so we figured that must be it. We were wrong. Actually it was the abandoned door, which was locked. You ring the doorbell and are escorted to your seat by a very nice gentlement. We went to a room filled with bench seating and small stools around a small circular table (knee high). Ordered a couple of drings and the food began. The seven courses is $25 per person which I found to be a very reasonable price. We had so much food, including honey lamb pieces and spicy chicken (I can't at all remember the real names). Jovan insisted on cleaning our shared plate so he was so full by the end that he could hardly move!
The next day we went to the Philadelphia Folk Festival for a full day of music. We saw the Decemberists and Iron and Wine, and many others. We had a wonderful day, and a little too much to drink :)
Here are some fun folks we saw at the folk festival.
Iron and Wine
and happy, drunk us :)
I am now on a 2 week break from school and have a long list of things I want to do while I'm on break. Meanwhile I sit here in bed on my first day off at 10:30am! That is actually on my list. Other things on my list include catching up on some movies (Harry Potter for starters!), Reading a book at the park, chilling pool side with a friend, a trip to the shore for a few days, laundry (booo), and being there for some old friends from Texas who are in town for medical reasons and dealing with a lot.
I'm just happy to have surived my first semester of Nursing School, and to be kicking back for a bit breathing in and out every once in a while.
1 comment:
Happy 31st! I am glad you had such a great time on your birthday.
No more drunk dialing ;)
Post a Comment