Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting Back Out There


Looking back at my "racing" days in Seattle, I had no idea just how out of shape I have become since moving to Philly. It's amazing how quickly this can happen in the blink of an eye. I guess this blink lasted about 1 year. Everything about my lifestyle has changed since I moved to Philly. I went from walking 5 days a week at least 3 miles a day, running 3-4 days a week (training for a half marathon and getting in LOTS of miles a week), and spending most of my working hours on my feet running around in the shelter to driving the car to work and back, sitting behind a desk for at least 7 hours per day, and sitting in class for 10+ hours a week. I have a bike and did a lot of riding last semester, but I have given that up during the winter and thanks to my crazy school/work schedule which has me driving across town twice a week.

So I joined a gym. Despite having no extra time in my day to do much of anything, I am going to squeeze this into the schedule. It is a must! My goal: To lose about 10 lbs and get back into good "running" shape. This means I must give myself a strict schedule and find a way to stick to it. Right now the plan is to hit the gym daily for at least one hour. I started that process today and couldn't believe how winded I became on the treadmill! Little by little I am going to do this! I know I can, I have done it before. I deserve me time, and this is how I am going to get it!

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Indigo Children said...

yay for you. keep it up.

i am going to find a way to make time for me too :)